I’ve kind of had a love affair with chicken alfredo since my second trip to Olive Garden. My first trip there I got something with meatballs and it made me sick, which was totally my ridiculous stomach’s fault. But my second trip – that’s pretty much dictated every experience I’ve had there since. Other than sauce getting skimped on occasionally, the fact that they grate as much additional cheese onto your pasta as you want and that you have pretty much unlimited salad and bread sticks practically makes up for that. Though I will admit that this recipe is EVEN BETTER with green chile in it, this is how to make Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a marinara sauce (especially when it has sweet basil) but I just in general tend to be more of a cream sauce type of person. Also even though this recipe really doesn’t take long at all to make if you decided to nix the chicken it would take even less time! However, I definitely wouldn’t. One of my favorite parts other than the sauce is that the chicken is actually cooked in a mixture of chicken broth and olive oil. This was definitely an accidental discovery- but it does make the chicken have A LOT more flavor in my opinion if you’re not planning on grilling it.
First, you begin by cutting the chicken up and seasoning it. Next you’ll place it in a pan with a touch of olive oil and enough chicken broth to cook the chicken in and add it continuously. Or, you can place it all in there and incorporate the extra into the sauce once the chicken is cooked. It’s really up to you!
Boil a pot 2/3 full of water.
Next, add the noodles and cook for 10 minutes.
After this you’ll need to drain the water out and add in some salt and olive oil.
You want the chicken to be juicy, so after it’s cooked, simmer it on low to medium while you make the sauce. To make the sauce you’ll first melt the butter.
Then add the cream cheese.
Whisk these together until smooth.
Slowly add milk and then add pepper and garlic powder.
Slowly whisk in Parmesan cheese until the mixture is smooth.
You’ll then combine all of the components to have delicious and Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo!
Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 Box of noodles
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup of Butter
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 Cups of Milk
- 6 oz of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/8 tsp Black Ground Pepper
- Bring water in a pot to a boil.
- Dump noodles inside the pan and cook them for ten minutes, stirring often.
- Drain the water from noodles in a colander.
- Season them with salt and olive oil.
- Cut up the chicken into small chunks.
- Season with salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Place in a pan with chicken broth and cook. One cooked, simmer on low to enhance the flavor of the chicken. I would recommend incorporating the chicken broth on an as needed basis though you can also dump the whole can inside initially.
- Incorporate the chicken into the sauce once the sauce is complete.
- Melt 1/2 Cup of Butter in a sauce pan over low to medium heat and combine with chunks of 8 ounces of cream cheese. Use a whisk until the mixture because smooth.
- Add you 2 Cups of milk a little at a time, whisking so lumps do not occur.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese gradually until combined completely.
One of my favorite Italian recipes is this Easy Chicken Fettucini Alfredo! What are some of yours?