I’ve had whipped cream other places, but lets be honest, I really don’t think I’ve ever had anything to top this. In all of my (almost) 22 years. This includes every restaurant I’ve ever been too or function that I’ve ever attended, nothing comes close. In fact even though I wasn’t able to make it back when I was invited once I started college the students in my high school chamber orchestra didn’t hesitate to call me and beg for me to bring it to their pancake breakfast. I only wish that I’d had the time to swing by with it because I truly understand the obsession. I think anyone who has tried the BEST Whipped Cream Recipe EVER would!
It’s not especially floofy, or modern, it’s just how it’s traditionally been made in my family. In fact I showed my mom some sort of brown sugar stabilized whipping cream and she told me that it looked disgusting. Of course, she’s a purist when it comes to food.
Now, you can eat it with pancakes, or pies. You can eat it inside cream puffs (yes this is arguably one of the best ways). Or on top of strawberries with sugar (a favorite at my mom’s house). You can cover your homemade ice cream or put it in your hot cocoa, or yes – you can even eat it STRAIGHT. Speaking of which, I literally have an entire quart of product in my fridge from this demo and need someone to help me clear it out.
Now the one caveat is, you do need an electric mixer. I don’t think there’s anyway on God’s green earth that you can mix as fast as this needs by hand. But if you have a mixer, it only takes a few minutes to ‘whip’ up! Sorry, I just had too. I couldn’t miss an opportunity.
To make the BEST whipping cream EVER you first need to pour the whipping cream into the mixing bowl of your mixer.
Next, you’ll need to beat it a high setting until it starts to form noticeable white peaks.
Once you see the peaks start to appear you should add the sugar and vanilla.
You’ll now use a low setting to gently blend them in.
If you’re me not only do you have to test product, you have to lick it off the beater. If you still don’t get some sense of glee doing this – I’m sorry you’re on a New Years resolution diet, are a big enough parent to give it to your child/dog or simply had no childhood. Because I definitely licked this beater.
You can use a spatula to spoon the BEST Whipped Cream EVER into another prettier dish/put a dollop (not sure if this is just a sour cream term) onto whatever sounds just right.
The BEST Whipped Cream Recipe EVER
- 1 Quart of Whipping Cream
- A few teaspoons of Vanilla
- 2 1/2 Cups of Granulated Sugar
- Pour 1/2 Quart of Whipping Cream into mixing bowl and place any guards you have around the top of the bowl. (Don’t be like me and try to put the whole quart inside your bowl unless you have the urge to baptize your kitchen or have an industrial sized mixer. If so, then be sure to do that.)
- Beat on the highest setting until stiff white peaks form with the wire whisk attachment. Be sure the mixing head is locked down. (I didn’t make this mistake its just important to not forget.)
- Add 1 1/4 Cups of Sugar and 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla and slowly mix them in on a low setting (1 or 2 works best for me). You may need to also turn the mixer off in between to use a spatula to scrape dry ingredients off the side so they can be mixed will.
- Serve cold on dessert or by itself and WOW your guests with the BEST Whipped Cream Recipe EVER!
What’s one of your favorite desserts to fix that’s easy and blows company out of the water?
Thanks for reading!